Date:      Sun, 14 Feb 2016 16:55:26 +0200
From:      Daniel Braniss <danny@cs.huji.ac.il>
To:        "hackers@freebsd.org" <hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   autofs problem

Hi,
I=E2=80=99m converting our (very) old am-utils maps to use the new =
autofs,
so I wrote a python script that queries the am-utils map, and =
=E2=80=98generates=E2=80=99
one that autofs likes.
so autofs_master has:
=E2=80=A6
/cs	auto_cs

auto_cs is a python script and is executable.

at the moment I=E2=80=99m stuck with what am-utils  type=3Dlink
so I=E2=80=99m using -fstype=3Dnullfs :/cs/some-path, but before this =
can work I need
to trigger autofs with the /cs/some-path, so before the script returns I =
do a
	os.stat('/cs/some-path')
but this returns an error, mainly because it is not caught by autofs!
doing the same in the command line works, and later the nullfs too, =
(i=E2=80=99m afraid
of what the auto unmount will do later, but that=E2=80=99s another =
issue)

is this by design? or is there some better way?

thanks,
	danny