Date:      Sun, 18 Dec 2016 23:21:32 +0100
From:      =?UTF-8?Q?Morgan_Wesstr=c3=b6m?= <freebsd-wireless@pp.dyndns.biz>
Cc:        "freebsd-wireless@freebsd.org" <freebsd-wireless@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 11 doesn't load firmware to wifi card. Worked in FreeBSD 10.3.

> The firmware is loaded when interface starts running; try to execute
> ifconfig wlan0 create wlandev run0 up

Thank you Andriy, that solved my problem and made me recheck my rc.conf
which should already be configured to start the interface automatically.
I then found an embarrassing misspelling. I had written rum0 instead of
run0 in the line that reads 'wlans_run0="wlan0"'. I knew I had done
something stupid and I apologize for the noise.

> The device is no longer visible via ifconfig; use 'sysctl net.wlan.devices'
> instead.

Vital information that is now memorized. Thank you once again for your help.

Regards
Morgan