Date:      Wed, 31 Oct 2001 16:27:32 -0500
From:      Christopher Sean Hilton <chris@vindaloo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: IPSEC -- setkey: "Must get supported algorithms list first..."

--gKMricLos+KVdGMg

On Tue, Oct 30, 2001 at 06:25:55PM -0500, Christopher Sean Hilton wrote:
> Hi, I'm trying to setup a manually keyed IPSec tunnel between two=20
> FreeBSD boxes. No matter how I run setkey I cannot get past this error:
>=20
>      Must get supported algorithms list first...
>=20
> I stole the configuration from the FreeBSD IPSec HowTo figuring that I wo=
uld=20
> modify it to my needs. Here's an actual run:
>=20
> # setkey -dv -c <<EOF

Well, it appears that the joke is on me and it's a cruel one to boot. The=
=20
only apparent function of the -d and -v options to setkey is the generate=
=20
an obscure error message and then exit without actually doing any of the=20
work. Where:

     # setkey -dv -c <<EOF=20

Does not work,=20

     # setkey -c <<EOF

works just fine with exactly the same script...=20

To all future users of this forum: If you searched via the FreeBSD web page
for this then you got lucky. In the future use groups.google.com's advanced
search to go through *freebsd* and you'll get much better results.

--=20
Chris Hilton                                 chilton-at-vindaloo-dot-com
                "All I was doing was trying to get home from work!"
                                                 -- Rosa Parks

--gKMricLos+KVdGMg

--gKMricLos+KVdGMg--