Date:      Thu, 18 Jul 2002 10:34:46 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Bill Baumann <bbaumann@isilon.com>
To:        Garrett Wollman <wollman@lcs.mit.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Inconsistency between net/if.c and several ethernet drivers

I'm working on just such a driver.  It has layers that communicate with
assumptions about structure alignment.  Moving struct arpcom to the
beginning breaks this, and requires scattered changes throughout.  :-(

Even so I'd rather do it the right way.  Unless, I hear someone else
disagreeing, I'll assume that arpcom must be at the top of softc and write
a problem report against the offending drivers (awi,lnc,pdq,ray).

- Bill Baumann