Date:      Wed, 3 Nov 2004 14:04:11 -0500
From:      "Richard Vanderbilt" <vanderbiltr@fdleweb.orl.saic.com>
To:        <freebsd-amd64@freebsd.org>
Cc:        Home <richvan@cfl.rr.com>
Subject:   Boot/Installation problem on emachines M6805 Laptop

I have tried to install 5.2.1 / 5.3 Beta 7, RC1 versions onto my Laptop
system from a CD of the amd64 distribution (boot only CD iso image from =
ftp
site).  The boot loader program starts up with the options to boot, but =
when
you select the default (1) it stops without any error messages =
displayed.
The laptop is an Emachines M6805 with mobile amd64 processor, I am not =
sure
which chipset it contains.

=20

Is there anything that I can do, or that I may be doing wrong, to get =
the
amd64 distribution to boot on my laptop.

=20

Rich Vanderbilt