Date:      Mon, 5 Aug 2002 01:46:18 +1000 (EST)
From:      Ian Smith <smithi@nimnet.asn.au>
To:        freebsd-security@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   port 6112 ?

I'd been seeing lots of widely sourced, irregular scans over our public
subnet for TCP port 6112 ('dtspcd'?), along with some other ports that
are also being scanned semi-regularly, including 1524 (ingreslock, more
likely pcserver trojan) and TCP 17300 (?) along with bucketloads of TCP
1433 (ms-sql-s) .. as does everyone else, I guess.

I recently added ipfw rules to separate these out from the general
(denied) cruft, so as not to blow out the log limiting and thus
obscuring the more interesting stuff,

Today I notice a dialup user getting and sending UDP packets on 6112,
with various IPs; looks to be a fairly steady stream of in- and outbound
traffic at about 800cps each way over, say, half-hour sessions.

Game, trojan, or yet another messenger type thing?

I've already checked http://www.robertgraham.com/pubs/firewall-seen.html

Cheers, Ian