Date:      Wed, 08 Mar 1995 22:54:12 +0200
From:      Mark Murray <mark@grondar.za>
To:        Joe Greco <jgreco@brasil.moneng.mei.com>
Cc:        mark@grondar.za (Mark Murray), phk@ref.tfs.com, barry@nacm.com, hackers@freefall.cdrom.com, security@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: key exchange for rlogin/telnet services?

> > > Because there wasn't one.
> >
> > What are the chances of "sanitising" a diff so I can track you work here?
> > I have some of the DES stuff available.
>
> 46 Harvey Rd, Claremont, Cape Town 7700, South Africa
> 					 ^^^^^^^^^^^^
> Something closely approximating zero, because I do not have a clue as to
> what is legal and/or allowable, and I don't really have the time to go figure
> it out.  If somebody has a short, clear, and concise definition available of
> what is legal, I might reconsider.  If another US resident would like to
> deal with this, *by* *all* *means* I would be willing to hand this over to
> that party.  I am simply not interested in potentially violating some rather
> ugly (but senseless) laws and get tossed in some deep Federal dungeon
> somewhere..

Hokay. I understand _totally_ your sentiments.

This scenario has happenned before (and it is legal too, beleive it or not!)
If you have an account in the US, could you make you code available there?
I have an account on thud.cdrom.com, which is in Walnut Creek, SF (co-
ordinates available on request :-). If you wish, I can work on the code,
_in_the_US_, and only bring back that which is legal. If you feel
uncomfortable with this, <ache@freebsd.org> "Andrew Chernov" (sp?) has
already done similar acts from the (ex-) Soviet Union with no dis-
approval from the world at large (please could anyone shout REAL loud if
this is bullshit (I think it is not)). (This (if memory serves me) was to do
with the US PGP code).

Thanks!

Mark

--
Mark Murray
46 Harvey Rd, Claremont, Cape Town 7700, South Africa