Date:      Mon, 2 Jul 2012 02:12:20 -0400
From:      Christoph Hellwig <hch@infradead.org>
To:        Attilio Rao <attilio@freebsd.org>
Cc:        FreeBSD FS <freebsd-fs@freebsd.org>, Russell Cattelan <cattelan@thebarn.com>, freebsd-current@freebsd.org, "C. P. Ghost" <cpghost@cordula.ws>
Subject:   Re: MPSAFE VFS -- List of upcoming actions

On Sun, Jul 01, 2012 at 03:52:05PM +0200, Attilio Rao wrote:
> anything by SoC involved people about NTFS and certainly I don't see a
> plan to get XFS locked.

Stupid question, but what amount of locking does XFS in FreeBSD still
need?  I'm one of the maintainer of XFS on Linux, and while I know
FreeBSD imported a really old version compared to the current one the
codebases on IRIX and later Linux never relied on any global Giant-style
locking.  So if there is anything to fix it would be the in the small
bits of FreeBSD-specific code.