Date:      Tue, 9 Dec 1997 17:53:48 +0100 (MET)
From:      Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
To:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   snd971209.tgz

New snap of the code (snd971209.tgz) at

	http://www.iet.unipi.it/~luigi/FreeBSD.html

While you are there, you might like to try the latest snapshot of my
command-line telephone applications, tel971209.tgz

SOUND DRIVER CHANGES:
 * the last two versions seemed to have problems with the SB16 when
   used in full duplex, or when switching between 8 and 16-bit
   operation.  I have slightly modified the code in sb_dsp.c to try and
   fix problems.
 * I have made some enhancements to the vat module (audio-voxware.cc)
   for operation with the SB16 in full duplex, and to be able to send a
   pre-recorded file (ulaw only) instead of mic input.

ABOUT TEL

Tel is a command-line program which can be used as an internet
telephone, or to listen to mbone multicasts. It does most things vat
does, but with the convenience of use of a telephone (e.g. simple,
one-keystroke commands for dial, answer, hangup, mute, input and volume
setting...) and can be run from the command line.

It can also be run as a daemon e.g. to set up live broadcasts without
having to fire vat/rat on a graphic screen.

Current version works with both my driver and Voxware driver; has
support for PCM, DVI, GSM, LPC encoding; direct input and volume
control with single-key commands; hightly improved playout queue
adaptation algorithms; fixed operation with SB16 in full duplex;
can use half-duplex cards for send-only or receive-only operation.

	Cheers
	Luigi