Date:      Thu, 31 Jan 2002 07:30:06 -0800 (PST)
From:      Tom Russo <russo@bogoflux.losalamos.nm.us>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/34438: PORT UPDATE: devel/mingw-gcc

The following reply was made to PR ports/34438; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Tom Russo <russo@bogoflux.losalamos.nm.us>
To: freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org, doc@lublin.t1.pl?s
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 08:21:01 -0700

 The patch I submitted to Michal removes the broken configure test that
 causes libf2c to fail to build with a cross-compiler.  This is
 apparently a known problem with the version of libf2c in gcc 2.95.x.
 They tried to get the size of fortran integers and long integers by
 peeking at the header files generated during the GCC build --- but
 that only works if GCC is being built to run on the same platform
 that libf2c is being built for.

 I removed the offending test in configure.in and configure, and
 kludged g2c.hin so it doesn't need those tests.  This kludge will
 only work for the case where my substitions are the right ones --- i.e.
 where @F2C_INTEGER@ would be probed to be "int" and @F2C_LONGINT@ would
 be "long long int."  That happens to be the case for the cross-compiler
 built by the mingw port.

 --
 Tom Russo   KM5VY    QRPL #1592   K2#398    http://www.swcp.com/~russo/
 Tijeras, NM DM64ux   SOC #236 ICQ#97201722  http://www.qsl.net/~km5vy/