Date:      Mon, 29 Sep 1997 11:57:51 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Adam Baran <badam@zimw.gdynia.pl>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Specialix SI

Hi,

I'm a user of Specialix SI rev.2.0 board plugged into 486/100 running FBSD
(of course).

Host adapter is connected with two 8 port TA modules (giving 16 RS ports).
In current configuration there are two modems and one terminal connected,
all devices at 19200 bps.

I was interested in increasing modem speed rate, because Specialix booklet
says that TA is capable of driving all ports at 19200 and some at 57600
maximun speed.

And here is a problem: even one modem at 57600 was loosing characters ( in
command mode for instance).

All of it looked like flow control problems, but maybe someone knows the
cure???

I thought that sicontrol utility can solve my problem, but what in hell
are the reasonable boundaries of adjusting those 'throttle' params.
And if they at all have something to do with flow control ???

My connection looks like:

2   2
3   3
4   4
5   5
7 - 7
8 - 8
6   6
20  20

Any suggestions appreciated, or simply say that 19200 is all.

Adam Baran.