Date:      Wed, 3 May 2000 20:11:01 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Mark Smith <msmith@beta.tricity.wsu.edu>
To:        da_lox@hotmail.com (S. Carter)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PAS 16

S.carter

No, the PAS 16 did not have any ROM "brains" on board.  It was just a
"dumb" card.  IIRC, the max through put on that card was also only 600KB/S
which was more than enough for the then current 2X cdroms.  So, you'll
have to build some boot floppies from the CD.

This weekend I'll have some time and I'll try get 4.0 running on
my old box and see if the PAS 16/SCSI is recognized.

Mark