Date:      Wed, 8 Apr 1998 23:02:42 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu>
To:        "Roger P. Johnson" <rpj@fep.hirshfields.com>
Cc:        faq@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Consider this Q & A concerning "Read error" on boot for the FreeBSD FAQ list.

On Tue, 7 Apr 1998, Roger P. Johnson wrote:

>     I am submitting this FAQ in hope that it may be entered into the official
> FreeBSD FAQ. After experiencing this problem first hand, searching the net,
> watching and posting to the mailing list, I have had no luck in getting a
> decent reply in how to fix the problem or what is going wrong.

Roger, thanks for your post.  Our FAQ maintainer has gone AWOL on us, so
I'm taking over his position, assuming he doesn't suddenly appear again.

The Handbook and FAQ are undergoing a conversion to their SGML source, so
it may be a while before this appears in the online FAQ.  Stay tuned and
let me know of any parts you want to add/change.

Thanks again for taking the time to write and sorry for the belated reply.