Date:      Wed, 27 Mar 2002 02:15:47 +0000 (GMT)
From:      "Philip M. Gollucci" <philip@sduwebship.student.umd.edu>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        <cd@newc.com>
Subject:   NTFS file system code

Hi all,

I've got a system that can dual boot:
  FreeBSD 4.5-RELEASE #1 for i386 architecture w/ custom kernel
  Windows 2000 Professional

on an Ultra ATA 100 7200 rpms w/ Promise card (60GB)

in my kernel config I have:
  options     MSDOSFS                 #MS DOS File System
  options     NTFS                    #NT File System

in my /etc/fstab, I have
   /dev/ad4s1              /mnt/Win2k      ntfs    ro  2       2

Now this works fine and all, I can use the mount point,
BUT

I keep all my mp3s there (so both OSes can see them) sorted by First
letter say
/mnt/Win2k/Mp3s/
  A/
  B/
  C/
  Z/

For some _very_ strange reason, I can't see
the M, N, U, W, X, Z directories or their contents.   Its like they don't
exist.

They work absolutely fine while in Windows 2000.  I even defraged and ran
scandisk.

So my question, is it my hardware, or is the File System code loosing
I guess it would be inodes ?  Or (worse) is my NTFS file system
corrupted somehow ? I've never had this problem before.

Any ideas how to fix this ?

END
Philip M. Gollucci (p6m7g8) philip@p6m7g8.com 301.314.3118

Science, Discovery, & the Universe (UMCP)
        Webmaster & Webship Teacher

EJPress.com
        Database/PERL Programmer & System Admin

Resume      : http://p6m7g8.com/Work/index.html