Date:      Fri, 08 Jun 2012 13:51:31 +0200
From:      Mel Flynn <rflynn@acsalaska.net>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org, Sunpoet Hsieh <sunpoet@sunpoet.net>
Subject:   Re: [CFT] gdal 1.9.1 update and other changes

On 8-6-2012 4:43, Sunpoet Hsieh wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 7, 2012 at 2:25 PM, Rainer Hurling <rhurlin@gwdg.de> wrote:
>> Am 07.06.2012 05:30 (UTC+1) schrieb Sunpoet Po-Chuan Hsieh:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>

>> Many thanks for this update. What I observed so far:
>>

>> (1) graphics/gdal builds and installs fine. There is a minor problem:
>> dependend port science/libkml (as option) does not configure, if
>> devel/swig13 is installed.
>
> I'll check that again.
> I've tested it in tinderbox which does not have swig13 in the jail.
>
>> (2) graphics/py-gdal asks for option NUMPY several times, even once more if
>> it wants to install (after build).
>
> The port should be OK without numpy but the array support will not be enabled.
> I'm considering to turn NUMPY on by default or just change it from
> optional to required dependency.

If this becomes required it means gcc46-fortran is pulled in. I wouldn't
mind a default on option, but I think adding gcc46/fortran to an already
complex tool chain should not be done if it can be avoided.
Maybe the option description can be changed to:
"Enable array support through numPY"

This makes it easier for people to decide whether they need it.
--
Mel