Date:      Mon, 24 May 1999 23:17:58 +0800
From:      Stephen Hocking-Senior Programmer PGS Tensor Perth <shocking@prth.pgs.com>
To:        Joe Orthoefer <orthoefe@gte.net>
Cc:        shocking@bandicoot.prth.tensor.pgs.com, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Lists of libc APIs for *bsd &linux

> Since this is right now a glide specific project perhaps a piecemeal
> approach to implementing this shim is appropriate.  The little I've looked
> at the glide libs shows; freebsd's nm can show all the important
> symbol info (externs) and our ldd can show the share object dependencies.

That's exactly what I'm doing. Unfortunately, ldd spits the dummy. I think
I'll be using code based on objcopy for modification of symbol names and
dependent libraries.

> How goes it with a native /dev/3dfx?

Not as well as I'd like. It follows the structure of Daryll Strauss'es code
OK, but when glide is initialising, after getting the number of cards, it
tries to pass a structure for some I/O which has some garbage values in it. I
don't know if the structure is packed differently or what. Most frustrating.
If I can beat this shim into shape, then we can have hardware accelerated
OpenGL while I tinker with the device driver. Grrr. Have a Voodoo 1 myself. Am
also waiting for someone else to do the mtrr code for AMD K6-2s.

	Stephen

--
  The views expressed above are not those of PGS Tensor.

    "We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce
     the Complete Works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know
     this is not true."            Robert Wilensky, University of California