Date:      Mon, 26 Jul 2004 11:23:01 +0200
From:      Alex Dupre <ale@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Gerard Samuel <fbsd-ports@trini0.org>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: 2 PHP Questions

Gerard Samuel wrote:

> 1.  Am I supposed to manually enable support in apache's config file, or is
>     this an oversight/or soon to come in an update?

You have to enable it manually. Only apache modules can be automatically
enabled.

> I noticed that the php config file /usr/local/etc/php.ini only contains the
> extensions (that I installed via the port php-extensions).
> 2.  Is this going to be the new format of the php.ini file for FreeBSD's php
>     port,  (instead of including all the php.ini options)?

That's not a new format: the PHP ports have never installed a default
php.ini, they rely on the php binary settings by default. If you like,
you have to copy/customize a sample php.ini. PHP extensions will add a
row into php.ini to enable themselves.

--
Alex Dupre