Date:      Wed, 8 Mar 2000 18:58:29 +0100
From:      Brad Knowles <blk@skynet.be>
To:        "Donald Burr of Borg - http://www.borg-cube.com/" <dburr@borg-cube.com>, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: The Merger, and what will its effects be on committers?

At 9:18 AM -0800 2000/3/8, Donald Burr of Borg -
http://www.borg-cube.com/ wrote:

>  But I do have a concern, and it is an admittedly selfish and
>  self-centered one.  How will this affect committers, such as myself?

	Officially, I think Jordan would need to answer this one.
Unofficially, my take from what he said at the NLFUG meeting this
weekend was that current committers wouldn't really change anything
that they're doing, they'd just be joined by some more people who are
being paid full-time to work on certain projects within FreeBSD.

>  * Will we have to renegotiate our contracts?  Will there be new
>    rules/regulations to read?  Will there be forms that I have to sign?
>    Etc...

	I think you need to get the official answers from Jordan, but I
don't believe that this is probably going to be necessary.

>  * What about the development tools?  Will we still be using CVS,
>    send-pr/GNATS, ssh logins on freefall, etc.?

	I doubt there are going to be any changes in any of these areas.

>  * And the mailing lists?  Any change there?

	I *really* doubt there are going to be any changes there, at
least not yet.  As the lists get considerably higher volumes of
traffic than they do today, it might be necessary to make some
changes, but those have to do more with volume than with changes in
the management, etc....

>  * What about Ports?  This is probably my biggest concern, as Ports is
>    the area where I am doing my work.

	The ports subsystem is considered one of the better features of
FreeBSD, so I don't think that there are likely to be any changes
here.

--
  These are my opinions and should not be taken as official Skynet policy
Brad Knowles, <blk@skynet.be>       Sys. Arch., Mail/News/FTP/Proxy Admin

Note: No Microsoft programs were used in the creation or distribution of
this message. If you are using a Microsoft program to view this message,
be forewarned that I am not responsible for any harm you may encounter as
a result.

See <http://i-want-a-website.com/about-microsoft/twelve-step.html>; for
details.