Date:      Fri, 28 Jan 2022 08:57:45 +0100
From:      Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@leidinger.net>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Dragonfly Mail Agent (dma) in the base system

Quoting Ed Maste <emaste@freebsd.org> (from Thu, 27 Jan 2022 16:34:10 -0500):

> I am interested in determining whether dma is a viable minimal base
> system MTA, and if not what gaps remain. If you have enabled DMA on
> your systems (or are willing to give it a try) and have any feedback
> or are aware of issues please follow up or submit a PR as appropriate.

I'm using it since years to send the periodic mails as a nullclient to
a smarthost (TLS involved). Works even if the system which uses DMA is
booting, has a @reboot entry in the crontab and the smarthost exists
in a jail of the same machine (little delay in delivery off course).

I haven't used it for something else.

Bye,
Alexander.

--