Date:      Fri, 7 Dec 2001 09:37:27 +1100
From:      Corey Ralph <corey.ralph@datafast.net.au>
To:        Chuck Rock <carock@epctech.com>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Virus Checkers for Sendmail on FreeBSD

I second that, AVP works well here.  We run it for about 20k mailboxes,
80k+ messages a day.

The reliability problems you mention are probably caused by AVP's
wrapper program, if it is anything like their qmail one.  It was
leaving zombie processes all over my machine and consuming far too much
memory.  I replaced it with qmail-scanner and haven't had a single
problem since.

Cheers
Corey