Date:      Sun, 6 Nov 2022 17:47:38 -0500
From:      Alexander Motin <mav@FreeBSD.org>
To:        louis.freebsd@xs4all.nl, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: How to disable ACPI? (on FreeBSD14 CURRENT)

Hi Louis,

You should not try to disable ACPI these days.  It was a recommendation
in some cases probably ~15 years ago, but for many years now modern
systems depend on ACPI for proper operation.  I have no idea what causes
crash in your case, but I would not expect it to end up good any way.

I know nothing about GNOME, haven't touched it for many years, but it
must be it what makes your laptop to sleep.  FreeBSD itself does not
implement such automatic policies.

--
Alexander Motin