Date:      Wed, 19 May 2004 16:34:53 +0200
From:      Pawel Jakub Dawidek <pjd@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Alfred Perlstein <alfred@freebsd.org>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: api for sharing memory from kernel to userspace?

--MiVqRLlIC2csOnh8

On Wed, May 19, 2004 at 05:29:07AM -0700, Alfred Perlstein wrote:
+> I need to share about 100megs of memory between kernel and userspace.
+>=20
+> The memory can not be paged and should appear contig in the process's
+> address space.  Any suggestions?
+>=20
+> I need a way to either:
+> map user memory into the kernel's address space.
+> map kernel memory into the user's address space.
+>=20
+> I was looking at pmap_qenter() but it didn't see attractive because
+> it's for "short term mappings", this mapping will exist for quite a
+> while.

In mapping kernel memory into user's address space I am interested as well
for GEOM Gate and other evil projects.

--=20
Pawel Jakub Dawidek                       http://www.FreeBSD.org
pjd@FreeBSD.org                           http://garage.freebsd.pl