Date:      Tue, 2 Dec 1997 22:55:59 -0800 (PST)
From:      Tom <tom@sdf.com>
To:        Kazuhiko Kiriyama <kiri@kiri.toba-cmt.ac.jp>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Can't compile kdelibs-2.1b

On Wed, 3 Dec 1997, Kazuhiko Kiriyama wrote:

> In Message-ID: <Pine.BSF.3.95q.971202210916.671A-100000@misery.sdf.com>
> Tom <tom@sdf.com> wrote  :
>
> >   I've seen configure choke looking for stuff before (in 2.2.5-stable).  I
> > think it is /bin/sh bug, actually.
>
> Oh is that true?  So people who works on 2.2.5-stable would be shut away
> from kde!

  No, it is simple problem in /bin/sh.  If your /bin/sh is bash, it will
probably work fine.

> >   You will probably find something like the following in configure:
> :
> > "/usr/bin", "/bin", and "/home/tom/bin:/usr/local/bin".  The last entry
> > causes "test" to freak, and so configure defaults to some default
> > directory.
>
> I see.  For the time bing, people who want to use kde will be
> installed from packages?

  Either run configure with bash, or patch the configure script to do
something a little different.

  I find that changing:

for ac_path in $PATH:/usr/local/bin:/otherstuff; do

to:

SEARCH=$PATH:/usr/local/bin:/otherstuff
for ac_path in $SEARCH; do

  is an effective work around to this particular problem.

> KIRIYAMA Kazuhiko <kiri@kiri.toba-cmt.ac.jp>    Toba National College of
>                                                      Maritime Technology
>                          Department of Electronic Mechanical Engineering

Tom