Date:      Tue, 20 Jun 2000 14:01:34 +1000 (EST)
From:      Gary Roberts <garyr@amor.wcs.uq.edu.au>
To:        chuckr@picnic.mat.net (Chuck Robey)
Cc:        ctm-announce@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cvs-cur interruption

Chuck Robey writes :-

> Thanks to Munehiro Matsuda <haro@tk.kubota.co.jp>, who was the first one
> to report an apparent interruption of service of cvs-cur to me.  I think I
> have it fixed now, and I've kicked off an extra run of cvs-cur to prove
> it.  It takes some time for all of that to finish, tho, so don't look for
> it for several more hours at least.

Thanks for the notification.  I had noticed the interruption but figured
that it would be better just to `wait and see'.  For your info, the last
delta I got was 6449, just in case that matters.  I also got only 15 of
the 19 parts of 6446.  I'm not sure if everyone else is in the same boat.

If others others also are missing parts of 6446, here is a recipe to
minimise the amount to download:-

% cat cvs-cur.6446.gz+0* > /where/you/need/it/cvs-cur.6446.gz

Go to ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/development/CTM/cvs-cur/

Do a `continuation get' of cvs-cur.6446.gz and it will just download the
extra bit needed to complete the delta.

I've done this previously and it has worked fine so I'm expecting to be
able to do it again this time too.

Cheers,
--
Gary Roberts            (garyr@wcs.uq.edu.au)