Date:      Thu, 26 Feb 2009 12:15:10 -0800
From:      Brian Gardner <brian@experts-exchange.com>
To:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org, bsd-port-dev@openjdk.java.net
Subject:   gdb and java

I've had success in debugging java using jdb, however this doesn't seem
to support native debugging.  I'd like to use gdb but this doesn't work
with (the error is bellow).  Currently I'm printing to stderr from
native code but this is less than ideal and time consuming, any ideas?

# gdb jmap
(gdb) run -finalizerinfo 118
Starting program:
/usr/home/brian/openjdk6/freshv2.2/bsd-port6.modified/build/bsd-amd64/j2sdk-image/bin/jmap
-finalizerinfo 118
(no debugging symbols found)...(no debugging symbols found)...[New LWP
104363]
(no debugging symbols found)...(no debugging symbols found)...[New
Thread 0x800b01120 (LWP 104363)]
[New LWP 104363]

Program received signal SIGTRAP, Trace/breakpoint trap.
[Switching to LWP 104363]
Cannot remove breakpoints because program is no longer writable.
It might be running in another process.
Further execution is probably impossible.
0x000000080050d360 in ?? () from /libexec/ld-elf.so.1
(gdb)