Date:      05 Nov 1999 05:34:51 +0200
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: PLEASE, WHICH DEVICE to feed CDRECORD for BURNING a RELEASE ?

Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr> writes:

> Joss Roots <osiris2002@yahoo.com> writes:
>
> > NO GO, I've tried that already.
> > giving me 'no such device name'
> > HEEEEEEELLLLLLLLPPPPPPP !
>
> Funny, the only line that appears to contain `worm' in /dev/MAKEDEV is a
> comment line!!!  I am really curious now, although never had to use
> wormcontrol in FreeBSD, what is this supposed to mean.
>
> Maybe I'll check out the CVS logs of /etc/MAKEDEV tonight.

Definitely funny!  I am either using the web interface of CVS in the
wrong manner or something is not quite right over there about MAKEDEV.

The repository shows that src/etc/etc.i386/MAKEDEV contains the worm*
entries up to and including version 1.168, but the diff with 1.169 does
not show that they were removed.  The funny thing is that 1.169 does NOT
contain entries for worm* -- they only exist in the large initial block
of comments, and nowhere else.

Can someone with more experience in the repository help me figure this
one out?  What happened to that worm* device node code?

--
Giorgos Keramidas, <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
"What we have to learn to do, we learn by doing." [Aristotle]