Date:      Wed, 8 Sep 1999 19:49:24 -0400
From:      David Stein <dstein@mediaone.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   ddial not working properly?

When I do "ppp -ddial isp" it dials my ISP fine, but if the connection gets
dropped (either via me testing it by physically removing and then replacing the
connection - or by my ISP deciding to drop my line) it doesn't redial.  I've
also tried this via interactive mode and no redial occurs.  Could someone
PLEASE help me fix my configuration??

1.  I'm using FreeBSD 3.2 that came with "The Complete FreeBSD", running on a
Cyrix 133.  200 Meg Swap.  Plenty of RAM (something like 96 meg).

2.  I have a standard modem ("Zoom modem" 33.3?  33.6?  something like that).

3.  when I dial "ppp -ddial isp" i get the following response (computer is
called "myname"):

	myname# ppp -ddial isp
	Working in ddial mode
	Using interface: tun0

	At this point it connects and everything is fine.  It wont redial upon
a disconnect though.

 4.  My ppp.conf is as follows (minus my login phone#, id
and pw):

default:
 set log Phase Chat LCP IPCP CCP tun command
 set device /dev/cuaa1
 set speed 115200
 set dial "ABORT BUSY ABORT NO\\sCARRIER TIMEOUT 5 \"\" AT OK-AT-OK ATE1Q0 OK \\dATDT\\T TIMEOUT 40 CONNECT"
isp:
 set phone MY_ISP_PHONE_NUMBER

# Don't close the connection for idle time
 set timeout 0

# Log On Info
 set authname MY_LOGIN_ID
 set authkey MY_LOGIN_PW

# Dynamic IP Address
 set ifaddr 0 0

 add default HISADDR
 enable dns

# reconnect after 3 seconds, 999 tries
 set reconnect 3 999
# redial after 10 seconds, infinite tries
 set redial 10 0