Date:      Wed, 5 Aug 2015 17:02:23 -0500
From:      Mark Linimon <linimon@lonesome.com>
To:        Bill Sorenson <instructionset@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Sparc64 support

I'm glad to see I'm not alone in tier-2 interest :-)

The v215/v245 type machines are becoming available for very cheap now.
I have one of each.  The v210/v240 type machines are mostly heading
for scrap, however.  Everything before that generation already is.

FWIW, the v215 I have been running very hard on 10.2PRE as a poudriere
machine.  It is quite stable.

The sun4v machines are becoming available a little less cheap.  A couple
of people have expressed an interest in trying to resurrect FreeBSD/sun4v
but I don't think anything has happened yet.

I'm still staring at this IBM 7029 I can't get to boot properly.  Every
once in a while I poke at it.

I have a powermac G5 up and going on 10.2PRE but it doesn not seem
stable.  I do not know if this is hardware or software.  The Xserve G5
is currently powered down.  I intend to re-test the bits on it at some
point.

mcl