Date:      Wed, 28 Nov 2012 14:15:22 -0800
From:      Oleksandr Tymoshenko <gonzo@bluezbox.com>
To:        Rafal Jaworowski <raj@semihalf.com>
Cc:        arm@freebsd.org, Tim Kientzle <tim@kientzle.com>, embedded@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FDT code fixes for ubldr

On 11/27/2012 3:20 PM, Oleksandr Tymoshenko wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> Here is a patch for FDT support in ubldr:
> http://people.freebsd.org/~gonzo/patches/fdt.diff
> Reviews are appreciated
>
> I also plan to add merge of memreserve and memory regions as a part of
> memory fixup process.
>
> Changes:
> - Implement "fdt mres" sub-command that prints reserved memory regions
> - Add "fdt addr" subcommand that lets you specify preloaded blob address
> - Do not pre-initialize blob for "fdt addr"
> - Do not try to load dtb every time fdt subcommand is issued,
>     do it only once
> - Change the way DTB is passed to kernel. With introduction of "fdt addr"
>     actual blob address can be not virtual but physical or reside in
>     area higher then 64Mb. ubldr should create copy of it in kernel area
>     and pass pointer to this newly allocated buffer which is
> guaranteed to work
>     in kernel after switching on MMU.

New version of this patch:
http://people.freebsd.org/~gonzo/patches/fdt-memreserve.diff

Additional changes:

- Convert memreserv FDT info to memreserv property of root node
- Handle memreserv property in initarm: exclude these regions from
available memory regions

With these changes I was able to boot Raspberry Pi with all
hardware-specific data set correctly by firmware.
If there are not objections, I'd like to commit it ASAP.