Date:      Mon, 13 Apr 1998 02:35:26 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Gediminas Vilutis <gedasv@pub.osf.lt>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Cyclades Cyclom-16Ye problem

Hello,

Can't make Cyclades Cyclom-16Ye multiport card (ISA interface card with
external 16 port module) to work with 2.2.6-RELEASE.

Tried this card on two different computers (machines without any
"special" features - NE2000 compatible network cards, S3 video).
Card is detected by kernel without any problem. But when I try
to connect a modem or some other serial device to it, I can't get
any response at all, or get garbage. When I connect modem and try
to type AT commands to it, TX and RX lights twinkle, but I don't get
response into my terminal program. When I connect cisco console
to it, i get only garbage. Various experiments with port settings
(with stty) and compile time settings in cy.c didn't change anything.

This does not seem to be a hardware problem. Card works perfectly in
Linux (kernel 2.0.33 + patches from Cyclades) and DOS on same machine.
So, I assume, something wrong is with driver or there is some special
setup procedure. Maybe hardware changed (my interface card is v. 2.03)
since driver was written? Anybody has this card working under FreeBSD?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

--
Gediminas Vilutis
gedasv@pub.osf.lt