Date:      Sun, 11 Oct 1998 19:37:53 -0000 (GMT)
From:      Francisco Reyes <francisco@natserv.com>
To:        BEAUPRE Antoine <beaupran@JSP.UMontreal.CA>
Cc:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: 2nd stupidiest thing I could ever do.

On 11-Oct-98 BEAUPRE Antoine wrote:
>> The install disk can download those off the internet via PPP if you
>> have a
>> modem and a PPP account.
>
> This, I know... But won't it overwrite the stuff I already have there?
>
> or will it install only on /?

I think the "minimal" install only touches /
Yesterday I did one and it was so "minimal" that couldn't really do much
with it. :-)

One thing you will need to consider was what groups you had and in which
order they were created. This applies mostly to groups you created since
the standard groups will still have the same number in the entries. I don't
really know inner-works, but notice that both groups and user ids have a
number in the respective user and group tables.

This may be a good time to remind you the importance of backups. :-)

----
francisco@natserv.com
The power to serve.   http://www.freebsd.org