Date:      Thu, 19 Oct 2000 10:25:12 +0200
From:      "James A Wilde" <james.wilde@tbv.se>
To:        "Alexander Rudak" <ru@ro.com.ua>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: OT Excel to csv and html [was no subject]

Please put a subject line in your messages so we know what they are about.

I'm not sure a mailing list devoted to the FreeBSD operating system is the
best place to ask a question about the usage of a Microsoft application
program.  However...

'File/Save as' then choose the csv filetype for CSV.  You can, I think
determine somewhere whether it is a comma which separates the values or a
semicolon.

'File/Save as HTML' will give you a first approximation to html coding.

> I would appreciate any cooperation or ideas.
> The puprose is that user can edit data from Excel and than it is
> immediately
> posted to the web site.

By 'user' I am assuming that you mean the person preparing the Excel
spreadsheet and wanting to convert it to csv or html - in other words more
of an administrator.  If you mean that the people surfing to the page should
be able to change it, I can't help you.

And note that after saving a csv or html file above you would have to
physically move it to the appropriate place on the webserver and do whatever
is necessary for your webserver to recognize the change.

mvh/regards

James