Date:      Mon, 27 Jul 1998 17:42:06 +1000 (EST)
From:      Josh <josh2@marvin.albury.net.au>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   cam worked, how to get system onto SCSI disks?

Hi I wrote in regarding cam last week. I got it to install and
compiled a kernel OK. Now I need to get the system onto the SCSI disks.
Its an onboard aic7895 thats causing the grief! The kernel can see the
2 scsi disks OK.
BUT I am having trouble getting the things created properly. If I use
/stand/sysinstall it only sees sd0 and sd1. Not ideal and in frustration
I tried it and it rebooted the machine :-)
Using the instructions on this page:-

http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/handbook104.html#156

I managed to get a partition rda0a to mounted on /mnt and it appears
to work. However I am not 100% happy and would appreciate any advice
on the matter. If this works as I hope I intend to pax the idea partitions
up and write them onto the SCSI (9Gig) drive, remove the idea and pray!

If anyone has a comment please do as I am feeling my way!

Josh

E-Mail: Josh <josh2@marvin.albury.net.au>