Date:      Wed, 26 Jul 2006 09:10:03 -0700
From:      Sam Leffler <sam@errno.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: "scan stuck" with if_iwi(4)

Henrik Brix Andersen wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 20, 2006 at 04:01:20PM -0700, Sam Leffler wrote:
>> The basic problem is your card is losing sync w/ the ap.  I don't know
>> what the local conditions are but I've seen this a lot w/ iwi; there's
>> nothing we can do in the driver if you want to be able to roam.
>
> Update: this was just fixed in iwi(4) in -CURRENT (by increasing the
> beacon miss threshold for the iwi(4) driver from 7 to 10). Should 10
> not be enough, it is now also possible to set the beacon miss
> threshold using ifconfig.
>
> Thanks to Sam for helping and for applying my patches to
> -CURRENT. This functionality should be MFC'd in two weeks.

Thanks for your help but understand this is not necessarily a solution;
just the addition of a knob.  The linux driver already used 7
consecutive beacon misses to trigger roaming so I'm not sure why 10 is
an improvement but given that adding 300ms (typical) lag makes you happy
I wasn't going to argue :)

	Sam