Date:      Wed, 23 Jul 1997 17:53:54 -0400
From:      Randall Hopper <rhh@ct.picker.com>
To:        razzle dazzle root beer <okram@notwork.net>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org, multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: SoundBlaster 16 questions

     Hi.  I'm forwarding this on over to the multimedia list since it's
more likely to be noticed by a person that can help you there.  Maybe
someone has used Sujal Patel's ISA PnP tools to help config their
SB16-compatible card.

     In any case, the sound driver is in the process of being updated by
Amancio, Luigi, and the gang, and there's been mention of adding PnP
support to this revised driver, so you may want to subscribe to the
multimedia list, help out by trying the latest drivers, and express an
interest in the plug and pray support.

     BTW, the latest cut of the driver's are on Amancio's FTP site:

      ftp://rah.star-gate.com/pub/guspnp12.tar.gz

Ignore the filename -- its confusing.  It's intended for a wider audience
than just GUS owners.

     In case it helps, I have a SB32 non-PnP and am using the same driver
configuration you are, with the exception that my sb0 is on IRQ 5, not 7,
and I don't have the "conflicts" specified.  I'd try that if you can.  If
no luck there, your problems are likely PnP-related.

Randall Hopper

razzle dazzle root beer: