Date:      Thu, 13 Aug 2009 13:34:24 +0200 (CEST)
From:      sthaug@nethelp.no
To:        d@delphij.net, delphij@delphij.net
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: RFC: interface description

> While playing with some OpenBSD installation I found that they have an
> interesting feature - adding description to a NIC.  This is useful for
> system administrators to "tag" the interface, also, the ladvd program
> has a feature to use the SIOCSIFDESCR ioctl to document the remote CDP
> peer like:

Yes please! This is an "obvious" feature to those of us who are router
geeks, and I've been wishing for this to show up in FreeBSD for years.

Now if I could have "sticky" static routes also I would be even happier
(as in: Next hop disappears -> route disappears. Next hop available
again -> route shows up in routing table again).