Date:      Fri, 24 Aug 2001 09:58:24 +0200
From:      Rob Simons <rob.simons@cmg.nl>
To:        "'demon@FreeBSD.org'" <demon@freebsd.org>
Cc:        "'ports@FreeBSD.org'" <ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   FreeBSD Port: p5-Compress-Zlib-1.13

Hi,

I'm having trouble with the Perl Zlib library on my FreeBSD 4.3 (and FreeBSD
4.1.1) systems.
The problem is that Perl dumps core on some (a relative small number) zip
archives that are
sent through email and virus scanned by amavis mail scanner.

I've used the following Perl modules:
Archive-Zip-0.11
Compress-Zlib-1.13

The rest of the machine is completely vanilla.

Below is the output from gdb on the perl.core, I know that it should be
possible to obtain more
information from it with the symbols linked in, but I'm not that proficient
with these matters.

However, I do have the zip archives that crash which I could send (< 1Mb)
and since I've
been able to reproduce the problem on multiple installs it might be
reproducable at your
site as well.

Perhaps this has already been reported, however I couldn't find any mention
of it except for
the following article from the amavis mailing list: