Date:      Thu, 23 Oct 1997 17:57:23 -0400 (EDT)
From:      William Bulley <web@merit.edu>
To:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   sound

According to Doug White:
> Date: Thu, 23 Oct 1997 12:53:40 -0700 (PDT)
> To: William Bulley <web@merit.edu>
> Subject: Re: sound
>
> On Mon, 13 Oct 1997, William Bulley wrote:
>
> > My co-worker practically insisted I buy a clone SoundBlaster card
> > for my brand-spanking new FreeBSD box.  I understand I will have
> > to rebuild my kernel and add drivers and devices, but I am somewhat
> > worried since the card I was sent has the dreaded "Plug-n-Play"
> > marketing hype plastered all over the worthless Micro$loth-oriented
> > documentation.
> >
> > I guess the first question is: will FreeBSD even stand a chance at
> > using this device?  Then, and only if the answer is yes, I need to
> > understand what purposes I will be able to use the bloody thing...  :-)
>
> Yes, it will, hopefully.  Contact multimedia@freebsd.org.

Doug says to contact this list.  What day you?

Regards,

web...

--
William Bulley, N8NXN              Senior Systems Research Programmer
Merit Network, Inc.                Email: web@merit.edu

[ What's all this fuss over the end of the century and mission critial ]
[ programs failing due to dates?  If people simply started using Roman ]
[ Numerials, the problem goes away!  MCM = 1900  MIM = 1999  MM = 2000 ]