Date:      Thu, 21 Nov 2002 16:51:59 +0100
From:      Olivier <olinether@studyssimo.be>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   How to monitor user commands

Hello,

Here is my problem : I have a FreeBSD box with a couple shell accounts,
accessible through ssh. I would like to be able to monitor the commands some
users are issuing, and be noticed about when they log, how long and what they
do, e.g by mail. I know 'w','last','lastcomm', etc.. but those don't exactly
suit my needs. I could examine those users' .bash_history files but this is
easy to overcome, they could 'export HISTFILE=/dev/null' whenever they login.
So I need something more reliable...
Is there any tool in the ports that could do that? Or has anybody done
any script or something that would help me?
Thanks a lot for any ideas

Olivier
~