Date:      Wed, 17 Jul 2002 13:01:36 +0100
From:      Matthew Seaman <m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk>
To:        Rathnakara U M <rathnakara.malatesha@wipro.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Hello

On Wed, Jul 17, 2002 at 03:25:18PM +0530, Rathnakara U M wrote:

> I would like to download the source code for FreeBSD release 4.3, But I
> could not follow the link where exactly I can find the source code. I would
> appreciate If u could help in this regard.

There isn't a specific web site where you can download the 4.3-RELEASE
source code.  The closest thing there is to that is the CGI interface
to the CVS repository at
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/#dirlist

That's not really feasible for downloading quantities of source code.
Instead, use cvsup to pull the appropriate sources out of one of the
many copies of the FreeBSd CVS repository.

Here's how to use cvsup:

    http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/cvsup.html

which has a list of hand cvsup mirror sites.  Unfortunately there
seems to be no FreeBSD cvsup mirror in India but I'm sure you can find
one relatively near by in network terms.

To obtain the sources for 4.3-RELEASE, use a supfile like this:

*default host=cvsup.jp.FreeBSD.org
*default base=/usr
*default prefix=/usr
*default release=cvs tag=RELENG_4_3_0_RELEASE
*default delete use-rel-suffix
*default compress
src-all

This is based on the 'stable-supfile' in /usr/share/examples/cvsup ---
you may find some interest in the other supfiles in there.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

                                                      Savill Way
Tel: +44 1628 476614                                  Marlow
Fax: +44 0870 0522645                                 Bucks., SL7 1TH UK