Date:      Fri, 07 Jun 2002 10:28:39 -0500
From:      Jeff Gleixner <glex@qwest.net>
To:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Search enhancement request for ports.cgi

SCRIPT: cgi/ports.cgi

REQUEST: Limit the search sections and/or exclude certain sections from the search.

PURPOSE: Personally, I never have a need for any packages in the Japanese,
Korean, Hebrew, etc. sections, so it'd be nice to select them from a list of
"don't search" options. Set a cookie, so I don't have to do it each time. The
search is limited to those not in the list.

It'd also be nice to have a choice to only search in certain sections. This way
if I know what I'm looking for is under 'www', the search results are limited
to only that section.

It looks like you have the foundation for limiting it to one section, since I
can search for new ports within a certain section. If that could be extended to
the general search and to be able to select muliple sections I feel it would be
a very nice feature.  Heck, if the ports.cgi is Perl, I'd be willing to extend
it for you, just send it.

Thanks
--
Jeff Gleixner