Date:      Sat, 22 Apr 2006 18:42:15 +0200
From:      des@des.no (Dag-Erling =?iso-8859-1?Q?Sm=F8rgrav?=)
To:        Don Dugger <dugger@hotlz.com>
Cc:        Dan Strick <strick@covad.net>, freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Why is not more FreeBSD software written in C++?

Don Dugger <dugger@hotlz.com> writes:
> The fact is that all your c code will compile in c++

That is wrong.  To name just one example, C++ is much stricter about
type casts than C is.

> and the c++ compiler may optimize better then the c compiler.

I doubt it.  It is the exact same compiler with the exact same
optimizer and the exact same code generator.  The only difference
between gcc and g++ is the parser.

> C++ and C are languages that are defined by ANSI

No they're not.  It may surprise you to learn that there is a whole
world outside the USA which does not care one whit about ANSI.

DES
--=20
Dag-Erling Sm=F8rgrav - des@des.no