Date:      Wed, 14 Nov 2012 11:56:48 +0100
From:      Johan Henselmans <johan@netsense.nl>
To:        "freebsd-arm@freebsd.org" <freebsd-arm@freebsd.org>
Subject:   dreamplug: setting ethernet address by hand, getting pkgng to work, wireless?

OK, I am a step further in getting CURRENT working on the Dreamplug. I =
have recompiled the CURRENT tree yesterday, more or less merging the=20
august mailinglist settings with the stuff from Jesse White.=20

I still do not get the hardware ethernet addresses from the machine (it =
still reports 00:00:00:00:00:00), so I decided to set them manually in =
/etc/start_if.mge0:

dramplug-bsd:~ # cat /etc/start_if.mge0
ifconfig mge0  ether f0:ad:4e:01:44:46=20

The address got picked up if this was a static address in the dhcp =
server, not if it was a dynamic ip address.=20

But I do have internet on the dreamplug now.=20

I then tried to find out if pkgng would work:
the command:
pkg add emacs
resulted in:
The package management tool is not yet installed on your system.
Do you want to fetch and install it now? [y/N]: y
Bootstrapping pkg please wait
pkg: Error fetching =
http://pkgbeta.FreeBSD.org/freebsd:10:arm:32:el:oabi:softfp/latest/Latest/=
pkg.txz: Not Found

Can anyone tell me what the status is of pkgng for arm, and how I can =
set it to a comprehensible setting?

Last question is that I do not see the wireless network interface. Is =
that normal, or should I do some magic incantation?

Johan Henselmans
johan@netsense.nl