Date:      Thu, 26 Feb 2009 18:03:36 -0700
From:      Tim Judd <tajudd@gmail.com>
To:        Steve Franks <bahamasfranks@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: can't find an internal flash reader that doesn't crash 7.1

On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 4:04 PM, Steve Franks <bahamasfranks@gmail.com>wrote:

> I've tried several.  I have a need of this - anyone have one that
> works with our USB stack?
>
> Thanks,
> Steve

i just bought a store-brand one at Best Buy at the local shop, internal 3.5"
USB dongle that plugs into the motherboard header.  I think it's a 7-in-1
(or is it up to 14-in-1???)

Works well, but the devfs has a little trick that if you slip in a USB drive
after bootup, you have to write 0 bytes to the devname to have it recognize
slices and partitions...  might be easier to restart devfs or something..

No probs with it, but I don't heavily use it.

--TJ