Date:      Thu, 8 Nov 2012 12:33:59 +0530
From:      Prakash Swaminathan <prakash@duckduckgo.com>
To:        Yuri <yuri@rawbw.com>
Cc:        chromium@freebsd.org, eli@duckduckgo.com
Subject:   Re: DuckDuckGo as a search option in FreeBSD

Hi Yuri,

> You need to write to Google and ask this, since they are making chrome
> releases and define the choices.
> FreeBSD maintainers only make sure chrome runs on FreeBSD OS. They don't
> patch it to add user choices or to change the chrome functionality in any
> way.

In the case of Chrome, it's owned by Google and it is difficult to get
another search engine to add us to their browser.  Our privacy policy
(we do not collect or share personal information) aligns closely with
the expectations of FreeBSD's users and as of today there isn't a
privacy focussed option in FreeBSD.

Can we get added based on our privacy policy?

Kind regards,
Prakash