Date:      Thu, 26 Feb 2004 22:02:48 -0600
From:      Tillman Hodgson <tillman@seekingfire.com>
To:        freebsd-sparc64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 64btt cvsup?

On Thu, Feb 26, 2004 at 05:18:03PM -0500, Richard Coleman wrote:
> But surprisingly enough, since I flipped over to 64 bit time_t, I've
> encountered less problems that I expected.  But I'm only using about 25
> ports on my sparc box (all of which I rebuilt).

For another data point, I have 122 packages on my Ultra 5. these
including Apache running HTML::Mason (and the many perl modules it
requires), database clients, Mailman (which requires Python) and
Postfix. It's running in a visible and somewhat serious environment as
the public web server for a local user group/professional association.

Other than how long it took to rebuild all the ports (Sparcs suck for
that *grin*), the transition was super smooth and everything is working
fine afterwards.

-T

--
"Laughter is the sound that knowledge makes when it's born."
	- David Weinberger, _The Hyperlinked Organization_