Date:      Sun, 3 Dec 95 18:05:49 +0100
From:      Jean-Marc Zucconi <jmz@cabri.obs-besancon.fr>
To:        asami@cs.berkeley.edu
Cc:        FreeBSD-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: misc/colorls

 >  * I am also behind a phone line (and sometimes at 2400bps) :-)
 >  * I wrote a ftpget replacement, and it has a (primitive) progression
 >  * indicator, it should work if you are behind a firewall, and is
 >  * compatible with ncftp. The program is very simple since it uses the
 >  * ftp code in src/release/sysintall/. Interested?

 > Yes!

Look in ~jmz/ftpget/. 2 files are copied from /usr/src/release/sysinstall/
(ftp.c and ftp.h)

 > We really need a little program that does only what we need, that we
 > can understand, and fix easily.  There is no need for interactive
 > mode, for instance.  All we need is an ability to fetch a file even
 > from behind the firewall, optionally renaming it, and be able to deal
 > with wu-ftpd's auto-packing.

 > (I hope I didn't forget something else.)  If yours can do that, let's
 > try it out!

It can do that, but it needs to be extensively tested. On the other
hand, it probably need to be improved here and there.

 > Satoshi

Jean-Marc

 Jean-Marc Zucconi       Observatoire de Besancon       F 25010 Besancon cedex
                   PGP Key: finger jmz@cabri.obs-besancon.fr