Date:      Mon, 30 Jan 2012 21:19:46 +0100
From:      Bas Smeelen <b.smeelen@ose.nl>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   [SOLVED] 9-STABLE Gnome keyring cannot allocate secure memory

On Mon, 30 Jan 2012 10:02:46 +0100
Bas Smeelen <b.smeelen@ose.nl> wrote:

> On 01/30/2012 07:46 AM, Bas Smeelen wrote:
>
> > To be sure I deleted all ports and re-installed, but it still has
> > the same issue. The screen stays blank and on the console there is
> > a message from gnome keyring that it cannot allocate secure memory.
> > I did not find anything significant in src/UPDATING and I did not
> > update the ports-tree, because these versions were working fine.
> >
> > Any suggestions?
> > Thanks in advance.
> I guess I'll start digging through
> http://www.freebsd.org/gnome/index.html tonight.
> The strange thing is however that Gnome was running fine on 9-STABLE
> with hald and dbus and /proc until after the update.

Solved. It seems like using a mix of packages and ports is not always a
good thing. To re-install all ports I used
portmaster -P `cat my-installed-ports-list`
However there is an entry in ports/UPDATING about x11/xcb-util which
requires a lot of ports to be rebuild and maybe the corresponding
packages were not updated?
Anyhow, I found out by installing fluxbox to have a wm for firefox and
claws-mail. The latter wouldn't start and led me to libxcb-aux.0.so
Sorry for the noise.

Disclaimer: http://www.ose.nl/email