Date:      Mon, 19 Jun 2000 20:27:59 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Meerwaldt@t-online.de (Frederik Meerwaldt)
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Little "Complain"

Hi all,

this message is especially for the developers or other people who
contribute FreeBSD.
I just thought today, that I could write a little bit documentation for
the PCMCIA stuff... (That's what on the TODO List). But if I start now,
how can I verify that there's nobody else who writes this?
So I had an Idea:

What about setting a computer in the internet on which everyone can have
an own account and with a self-written program on it which does the
following:

The Program has the Items of the ToDo list in it.
Every user can say, that he'll do this or that item, and that will be
registered in the system, so that nobody else does this work, too, else
only the code of 1 programmer will be used (you can hardly mix different
code). That is for Coding as well as for documentation.
The background is the following:

I was developer on a "huge" project (we were 40 people, so nothing against
the FreeBSD team), and there we had such a system and everybody was
happy. If I wanted to write a part I saw... oh, user xxx has checked it
out.

So if one of the "high" people agree with this idea, I could set up such a
system (well I have to look for a constant internet connection, but I
suppose my ISP will give me one for free when his name is listed on the
contribution list :-)).

What about this idea?
Awaiting responses,
	Freddy