Date:      Tue, 20 Nov 2012 19:17:30 -0600
From:      khatfield@socllc.net
To:        Alfred Perlstein <bright@mu.org>
Cc:        Barney Cordoba <barney_cordoba@yahoo.com>, Jim Thompson <jim@netgate.com>, "freebsd-net@freebsd.org" <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD boxes as a 'router'...

I got side tracked and missed the new system question.

In a newer system with an Intel em card then you likely won't need it. Howe=
ver don't play with the HZ settings. If you still see the delays recompile =
with polling on default.

Verify on the NIC as well such as ifconfig em0

If it isn't on you can try to do it manually per NIC. We sometimes saw earl=
y connection drops with new systems and polling enabled. (Could have also b=
een a sysctl misconfiguration on our part)

In either case, try the new system first and then one step at a time.

Sorry for the double-posts.